The crowd at Billericay Town enjoyed a mild evening and an entertaining game as Heath Park Captain Paul Hayes turned in a match winning performance.

Kicking down the slope in the first half Heath Park looked to make the most of this advantage. Writtle were given an early warning of the opposition skipper’s influence after six minutes when his cross was met by Danny Henwood who lobbed just over the bar. Heath Park continued to press with Writtle looking to repelling the advances and launching counter attacks of their own. The best chance arrived on twenty two minutes when Paul Hayes got behind the Writtle defence and fired in his shot but found Michael Part in the Writtle goal in fine form the turned the ball round the post. Two minutes later the keeper had no chance as his was beaten by a cool finish from Lee Fulling who had been put in by Hayes after a slip in the Writtle defence.

Half Time Heath Park 1 Writtle 0

Heath Park came out to finish the job in the second half and went two up after 55 minutes when Craig Davis who was enjoying a good game in the centre of midfield made a run beyond his forwards to head home another Hayes cross.

They say 2-0 is the worst lead and this nearly became the case seven minutes later as Lee Sterland got his side back in the game from the penalty spot and four minutes later Paul Spencer could have levelled but his shot lacked power after he had turned his man on the edge of the box. This was the warning Heath Park needed as Vinnie Webster expertly played Paul Hayes in to round Michael Part to score the goal his all round play deserved.

Full Time Heath Park 3 Writtle 1

The Cup was presented by Jim Clark of sponsors Greene King who received a warm round of applause of appreciation from both sets of players, which topped off the sportsmanship shown by both sides during the game.


Heath Park:

Gareth Vaughan, Billy Wilson, Trevor Riley, Lee Riley, Neil Homes, Craig Davis, Allen Wilkins, Danny Henwood, Sam Marks, Lee Fulling, Paul Hayes Subs: Darren Galvin-Law, Seamus Healy, Justin Scollard, Robbie Carrington, Vinnie Webster

Scorers: Lee Fulling (24 mins), Craig Davis (55 mins), Paul Hayes (68 mins)


Michael Part, Russell Baukham, John Paul Barry, Jamie Woods, Richard Bastian, Mark Keenan, Lee Sterland, John Bishop, Kevin Bowdidge, Stuart Gooch, Gary Sonnex  Subs: Brian Payne, Paul Spencer, Kyle Print, Kevin Bleakley, Graham Howson

Scorer: Lee Sterland pen (62 mins)

Referee                      Denis Angell

Assistant Referees      Kevin Preston and Chris Hockett

Fourth Official           Tony Askew

Team Line Ups and more photos to follow

Posted by:

Sign in Design by FirePixel