Fulbrook Royals 1 Hutton Old Boys Reserves 4

On a warm evening both sides certainly turned up the heat in an end to end Cup tie. Bheki Mlotshwa of Hutton Old Boys Reserves began the frantic start off after three minutes with a header tat a well positioned Steve Birch of Fulbrook Royals cleared off the line.

Mlotshwa, a former Zimbabwe International, was causing numerous problems down the left with his jinking runs. Fulbrook Royals got into the game in a major way after nine minutes when a clever through ball from Martin Newman found Dave Newberry whose cool chip gave Jamie Whip no chance in the Hutton Old Boys Reserves goal. Two minutes later Chris Jones though he had extended Fulbrook Royals lead when his header crashed back off the crossbar following a corner. Fulbrook Royals were still struggling to cope with Bheki Mlotshwa and in the 13th minute his ball into the box led to an effort being cleared off the line, which fell to Tim Mills who planted the ball into the top corner to equalise. Fulbrook Royals tried to hit back straight away but Kevin Hunt’s effort was well saved by Jamie Whip. Play then settled down but was still flowing from end to end. In the 29th minute disaster struck for Fulbrook Royals Semi Final hero Tony Robinson as he misjudged Mark Allen’s long ball as he tried to head it clear from just outside his area. The firm bounce of the ball went over his head and rolled kindly to Tim Mills to add his second of the match.

Half Time Fulbrook Royals 1 Hutton Old Boys Reserves 2

The start of the second half was delayed due to flood light problems. This seemed to throw a shadow over Fulbrook Royals efforts as they were the more unsettled of the two sides despite defending the brighter end of the ground. Four minutes into the second half Fulbrook Royals were made to pay for giving away a free kick on the edge of the box which Paul Wasmuth crashed home. The same player then wrapped the game up just before the hour mark with a speculative effort from thirty five yards which dipped just under the Fulbrook Royals crossbar.

Full Time Fulbrook Royals 1 Hutton Old Boys Reserves 4

The League would like to thank Billericay Town FC for hosting our Finals this year. We would also like to thank Lee Cobden of Hutton Old Boys who showed the spirit of the League by happily attempting to try to fix the floodlight problems. (Editor- Makes a change from troubling Referees, Lee!!!!)


Fulbrook Royals: Tony Robinson, Steve Birch, Peter Day, Robert Willett, Steve Gee, Mark Noller, Kevin Hunt, David Mathurin, Martin Newman, Dave Newbery, Chris Jones. Subs: Steve Yuill, Alfie Koroma, Ray Hart, Mick Wynne, Ian Aldridge

Scorer: Dave Newberry (9 mins)

Hutton Old Boys Reserves: Jamie Whip, Lee Brown, Lee Barker, Paul Green, Lee Berry, Kevin Wood, Paul Wasmuth, Glenn Claisse, Mark Allen, Tim Mills, Bheki Mlotshwa, Subs, Hedley Citroen, Steve Sinclair, Jamie Bottono, Michael Cornet, Rob Lucioli

Scorers: Tim Mills (13 &29 mins) Paul Wasmuth (49 & 58 mins)

Referee:                     Richard Marsh

Assistant Referees Kevin Lamb and Lawrence Cox

Fourth Official          Martin Berry

Posted by:

Sign in Design by FirePixel