ESSEX VETERANS LEAGUE RESTART
Clubs have voting overwhelmingly to declare the current League Season null and void. Clubs also voted to extend the League Season until 12th June 2021 and play a League format based on the current Divisions. Teams will play each other once between 10th April 2021 and 12th June 2021.
All bar five teams will be taking part in the new competition. Shenfield have kindly agreed that their Division One side will move to the East Division for this competition to balance numbers out.
So we can retain the results of the games that were played the League will use Cup Section of Full Time for the recording of fixtures.
We have today advised the FA of the outcome of the Club vote and asked for the season on Full Time to be extended to 12th June 2021. Once this has been done then the Fixture Secretary will be able to work on the fixtures. We hope to be able to release the fixtures in the next week.
Once the fixtures have been released Clubs are required to take the actions below:
1) The nominated home team need to confirm to the away side can the fixture be played at their ground on the Saturday afternoon and the kick off time. This must be done for all fixtures as soon as possible. Please do not wait for the week before the fixture to do this.
2) If the nominated home team cannot play the fixture at their home ground or an alternative ground in the area then the home team must contact the away side to agree where and when the fixture will be played.
3) If any fixture has a change to the venue, kick off time or date the Fixture Secretary must be advised immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also see the reminders below for this competition
1) Kick off times on the nominated Saturday between 12 noon and 4pm have to be accepted by the away team. The reason for this is flexibility is required due to pitch sharing with other Leagues.
2) By mutual agreement of the two teams fixtures can be played on any day of the week between Monday and Sunday of the nominated Saturday
3) Any fixture that is not played, the Management Committee will decide the outcome. This includes any fixtures cancelled due to the weather.
4) The League Registration deadline has been extended to 23:59 on Friday 9th April 2021.
All of the above is subject to Government guidelines/FA advice permitting.