Premier Division

The top two meet on Saturday with the game being switched to Moulsham School due to Chelmsford Council calling all their pitches off. Little Thurrock Dynamos found the Astroturf to their liking as they ran out 5-1 winners over Springfield.  Another team to win 5-1 away were Hutton Old Boys at Chipping Ongar. Hutton Old Boys goals came from a Troy Braham hat trick, Michael Black and Leli Bajada. Port of London recorded their first win of the season as they also won 5-1 at the expense of White Notley whose consolation goal came from Gavin Bensley.

Division One

West Essex continued their perfect start to the season with a 5-0 win at Hannakins Farm. They have now had three different players scoring hat tricks in their four games, this time it was Yomi Adu. Chris Bangura and Matthew Caspar getting the other goals. The other team with a 100% record are Collier Row who beat Newbury Park 2-0. In third place are Old Chelmsfordians who took a 3-0 half time lead against White Ensign thanks to goals from Matthew Fletcher, Nick Wright and Patrick Fairman. In the second half they completed the victory with further goals from Simon Bowring and their new signing. White Ensign pulled one back through Jamie Wallace. A close game at the Douglas Eyre Centre where the hosts Old Parmiterians triumphed by the odd goal in seven against Cricketers Horndon Saxons. Old Parmiterians scorers included two from Darren Shorey and one from Muthi Ithia. Cricketers Horndon Saxons replies came from Tim Devlin 2 and Stephen Smallman.

Division Two League Cup

Heath Park cruised into the second round as they scored five goals in each half against Runwell Town. Heath Park’s scorers included Danny Cressey 4, Daniel Brand 3, Vinnie Webster and Neil Homes. Little Thurrock Dynamos will be fed up with being drawn against Writtle in League Cups. Having gone out of the Third Division League Cup last season to the same opponents they crashed out 6-0 on Saturday. Writtle will now meet Hale End Athletic in Round Two. Debden Sports progressed thanks to a 5-3 win at Pavilion United. Debden Sports goals came from Steve Game 2, Joseph Mulroue, Andy Taylor and Tony Maslin with Pavilion United’s replies coming from Jamie Dumbleton 2 and Mark Barry. In the other tie Britannia beat Hawkwell Athletic 4-2.

Division Two East

Shaun Tracey and Jonathan Walker gave Tillingham Hotspur a 2-1 half time lead against Sporting Club Woodham whose goal came from Matthew Vaughan. Keith Glynn then came off the bench and scored twice in fifteen second half minutes to complete the hosts 4-1 victory. Plenty of second half action in the meeting of Leigh Ramblers and Ford Basildon where the teams were level with a goal a piece at the break. Leigh Ramblers had the better of the second period coming out 6-3 winners thanks to goals from Nigel Collins 2, Steven Potton, Paul Schimd and a Jamie Tolhurst penalty.

Division Two West

Bishops Stortford recorded their first win of the season by beating Maidonians 3-2. Harold Wood had goals from Steven Field, Stephen Gosnell, Daniel Johnson, Paul Preece and Martin Warrington to thank for their 5-3 win at Dunmow Rhodes.

Division Three League Cup

FOBS cup jinx continued, goals form Ian Muir and Paul Callow weren’t enough to prevent them going out to Rainham Working Mens Club by four goals to two. First half goals from Paul Enfield and Chris Purkiss were enough for Hockley and Hawkwell to progress at the expense of Old Chelmsfordians Reserves. Springfield Reserves beat Harold Wood Athletic Reserves 7-1. Harold Wood Athletic Reserves consolation came from Gary Hammond. Another team to win 7-1 were Sungate Reserves who overcame Little Thurrock Dynamos A.  It was much closer between Met Police Chigwell Reserves and White Roding as the game went all the way to penalties after the game finished three all at the end of extra time. White Roding’s goals came from Dominic Boom, Fraser Higgs and Andrew Pearce before they won 3-1 on penalties. Other teams to progress to Round Two were Hutton Old Boys Reserves after a 5-1 win against William Fitt, Great Baddow who beat Westhamians 4-0 and Hatfield Broad Oak who won 3-0 against Sporting Club Woodham Reserves.

Division Three East

Little Waltham won 6-3 at Silver End United. Little Waltham’s goal scorers included three from Steven Clarke and single strikes from Mark Chapman and Graham Howson.

Division Three South

Hornminster came from behind to draw two all with Henderson Casuals thanks to goals from Tony Hannaford and Stephen Fehrenbach.

Division Four League Cup

Having reached the Final last season Fulbrook Royals got their campaign this season off to a good start with a 5-1 win against Runwell Hospital through goals from Ian Aldridge 2, Kevin Hunt, Martin Newman and Chris Jones.

Peverel also progressed by the same score line with goals from Timothy Drake2, Philip Brown, Glen Worrell and Robert Williams against Newport whose consolation goal came from Paul Jaggard. Valley Green will also be in the next round following their 7-2 win at White Roding Reserves. Valley Green’s star was Robert Cork who scored five goals including a penalty; the other goals came from Michael Bryant and Dave Markham. White Roding Reserves replies came from David Dawson and Mark North.

Division Four East

A goal in each half was enough to give league leaders Rayleigh victory against Forest Glade. Leigh Town are up to second place after their 4-2 win over Academy Soccer.

Division Four West

North Weald recorded their first victory of the season in style by beating West Essex A 7-0. Steve Powis’s second half equaliser gave Spartan Athletic a point from their visit to Old Parmiterians A. Sanders recorded their third away win in three weeks thanks to goals from Kevin Allen, Tom Chawner, Sven Deutscher and Jimmy Webster at Cricketers Horndon Saxons Reserves. The host’s sole reply came from Daniel Middleditch. Old Barkabbeyans kept their third clean sheet of the season but had to settle for a point as they couldn’t breach the Hornchurch defence.

Over 45 Division

Pavilion United enjoyed their trip to Newport as a penalty on the hour from Bob Vernon gave them the lead, and then Allan Braithwaite added two goals further goals to seal the victory. The closest Newport came to beating Pavilion United keeper, Dave Atkinson was following a misplaced pass by Steven Ray but Newport could not take advantage. Another team to win 3-0 were Hannakins Farm who beat Frenford Senior. Robert Pritchard with four goals and David Snowden with one gave Doddinghurst Olympic a 5-3 win over Peverel.

Posted by:

Sign in Design by FirePixel