Essex Saturday Veterans Cup Quarter Final

There was an upset as ten man Sungate from Division One came from behind to beat Premier Division Port of London Authority 6-5 on penalties after the game had finished two all after extra time. This was Sungate’s fourth game in the competition which is one more than the number of League games they have played this season.

Premier Division

Stuart Jones’s 62nd minute strike was enough to give Met Police Chigwell the points against Frenford Senior which moved them up to second place in the table.

Division Two League Cup Quarter Final.

Britannia’s efforts to find an Astroturf pitch to get their much postponed Quarter Final with Leigh Ramblers played paid off as a solitary first half goal was enough to earn a Semi Final against Writtle.

Division Two East

Another team to benefit from a pitch search were Hawkwell Athletic who beat Herongate Athletic 2-1 in Shoeburyness. Chelmer’s initiative in booking a series of Astroturf based games wasn’t as well rewarded as they could only manage a two all draw with Runwell Town.  John Dick and Christopher Hilleard gave Chelmer a two goal lead at half time however Runwell Town hit back in the second half through Lee Barnby and Colin Yellop.

Division Two West

Heath Park dropped their first points of the season as Billy Wilson’s goal wasn’t enough to beat Bishop Stortford who scored through Joe Feerick. No such problems for second placed Little Thurrock Dynamos Reserves who beat Hale End Athletic by eight goals to two.

Division Three East

Shenfield Reserves beat Springfield Reserves 6-4 in the only game to survive in this Division.

Division Three South

2014 hasn’t started well for second placed Hornminster who their second straight defeat. Wayne Field scored twice and Steve Dignam once for Hornminster but this wasn’t enough as Hannakins Farm Reserves scored five times in reply.

Division Three West

Paringdon maintained their 100% record by beating LOASS two nil. This moved Paringdon up to second place in the table. 

Division Four West

Old Barkabbeyans maintained their lead at the top of the table as Ricky Riches, Daniel Gurney, Daniel Slater and Micky Ward scored in the 4-2 win at Hatfield Broad Oak Reserves. Fulbrook Royals kept up the pressure by beating Spartan Athletic 3-0 thanks to two Kevin Hunt goals, one of which came from the penalty spot and a further strike from Alfred Koroma. North Weald were grateful to Sanders for supplying the pitch to get this game played however they had a funny way of showing it as they repaid Sanders by beating them 4-1. North Weald’s goals came from Stephen Jackson 2, Jason Pottle and Paul Saye with Sanders first half goal coming from William MacRae.

Over 45 Division

Frenford Senior picked up their first League win of the season as they beat Hannakins Farm 4-1

Posted by:

Sign in Design by FirePixel